York City of Sanctuary is continuing to send donations to all our 4 centres at Bradford, Middlesborough, Wakefield and Hull as part of our “ Compass Project. We are also trying to ensure that our own Syrian families and others have all they need. I have been coordinating those donations for the past year.
Refugees need clothing and household items not just when they arrive , but also if they are given “ right to stay” and need to set up homes of their own. Many of you have been incredibly generous, particularly around Christmas, but we still need donations on a regular basis.
We have a “request” list below and would be very grateful if you can ask friends, neighbours and associates to contribute anything on the list.
Request list of needed items :
- New underwear and socks for men .
- Young men’s clothing- jeans, sweat shirts, shirts, t- shirts
- Clothing for all ages- women, men, children and babies.Children’s shoes, school uniforms, backpacks
- Household equipment
- Cots and toddler beds + bedding
- Small chest of drawers
- Frying pans – large
- Saucepans- large
- Bedding and pillows, thick blankets, duvets and covers
- Chopping boards
- All kitchen tools – can openers ,colanders, spatulas etc.
- Oven dishes and casseroles
- Rice/ slow cookers
- Ironing boards
- Lawn mower
- Bicycles for all ages
- Walking sticks
- Toiletries – shampoo , shower gel
If you would like to make a donation please contact our Donations Co-ordinator Tricia Miller for more information. or email [email protected]